Fluke Ceviche with Peruvian Corn
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN Plus 1 hr marinating
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice or fish stock
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large habanero chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless fluke fillet, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Cooked Peruvian corn kernels (see Note), for garnish (optional)
- In a blender, combine the lime juice, clam juice and garlic with half each of the habanero and onion and 1 tablespoon of the cilantro. Blend until smooth. Strain the marinade through a fine strainer; season with salt.
- Spread the fluke in a single layer in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour the marinade over the fluke. Cover and refrigerate until the fluke starts to turn white, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Stir the remaining habanero, onion and cilantro into the fluke and season with salt. Spoon the ceviche into Chinese soup spoons or small bowls and garnish with Peruvian corn kernels.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.