- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound green tomatoes, cored and sliced crosswise 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick
- In a small saucepan, combine the water with the vinegar, salt and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring. Let the pickling liquid cool to room temperature, then add the pepper, rosemary and garlic.
- Layer the sliced tomatoes in a 1-quart glass jar and cover with the pickling liquid. Let stand at room temperature for 3 hours, then store in the refrigerator. Drain the pickles before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.