- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 1-pound flank steak
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the scallions, cilantro, mint, jalapeño, garlic and lemon juice. Season the salsa with salt and pepper.
- Rub the steak with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat until nicely charred outside and medium-rare, 3 minutes per side. Transfer the steak to a carving board; let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak across the grain and serve with the salsa.
Herb-scented Cabernet Sauvignon.