- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 1-pound flank steak
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
Light a grill or heat a grill pan. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the scallions, cilantro, mint, jalapeño, garlic and lemon juice. Season the salsa with salt and pepper.
Rub the steak with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat until nicely charred outside and medium-rare, 3 minutes per side. Transfer the steak to a carving board; let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak across the grain and serve with the salsa.
Herb-scented Cabernet Sauvignon.