- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup lard (2 ounces), frozen and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup ice water
- In a food processor, pulse the flour and salt. Add the butter and lard and pulse 5 or 6 times, until they are the size of peas. Drizzle on the ice water and pulse just until the crumbs are moistened.
- Press the dough into a ball. Divide the dough into 2 pieces, one slightly smaller than the other. Flatten into disks, wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.