- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 small kohlrabi or 2 thick broccoli stalks, peeled
- 1 small beet, peeled
- 2 cups finely shredded Savoy cabbage
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the honey, ginger and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil.
Using a mandoline on a very thin setting, slice the cucumber, kohlrabi and beet. Stack the slices and cut them into matchsticks.
Toss the kohlrabi and cucumber with the cabbage and bean sprouts, then with the dressing; season with salt and pepper. Toss in the beet and serve.