- SERVINGS: MAKES 6 CUPS
You will need a mandoline to thinly slice the vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 small kohlrabi or 2 thick broccoli stalks, peeled
- 1 small beet, peeled
- 2 cups finely shredded Savoy cabbage
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the honey, ginger and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil.
- Using a mandoline on a very thin setting, slice the cucumber, kohlrabi and beet. Stack the slices and cut them into matchsticks.
- Toss the kohlrabi and cucumber with the cabbage and bean sprouts, then with the dressing; season with salt and pepper. Toss in the beet and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.