- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Eight 8-ounce lamb loin chops
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cleaned bagged spinach, tough ends discarded
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, mix the spices. Season the lamb with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Coat both sides of the chops with the spices.
In a very large skillet, heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil until shimmering. Add the chops and cook over moderate heat until browned and medium-rare, about 7 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat until softened and golden. Add handfuls of the spinach to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring and adding more spinach after each batch wilts. Season with salt, mound on plates and serve with the lamb.
Spicy, rich Bordeaux.