© Christina Holmes
Fire-Roasted Berry Crostini with Honey Crème Fraîche
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
Grill this super-simple dessert right before you serve it: It takes just 30 minutes.
Slideshow: More Great Grilled Desserts
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Three 1/2-inch-thick slices of country bread, halved crosswise
- Softened unsalted butter, for brushing
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 cups mixed fresh berries
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Light a hardwood charcoal fire. In a bowl, whisk the crème fraîche with the honey.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with butter and generously sprinkle with sugar. Grill the bread over moderately high heat, turning once, until crisp and caramelized, 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss the berries with the 1/4 cup of sugar and the salt. Spread the berries on a perforated grill sheet or in a grill basket and grill over moderately high heat, tossing, until starting to burst, 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Spoon the berries on the crostini and top with dollops of the honey crème fraîche.
Brachetto d’Acqui, a lightly sweet sparkling red from Piedmont, is outstanding with berry desserts.