- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup minced green garlic or scallion
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pastis or Pernod
- 24 freshly shucked oysters on the half shell
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, green garlic, chives, thyme, crushed red pepper, lemon juice and pastis. Stir well. Spoon the butter onto a sheet of plastic wrap, roll it into a log and twist the ends to seal. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Light a grill. Top each shucked oyster with a 1/4-inch-thick slice of the butter. Grill the oysters over high heat just until the liquor is bubbling around the edges and the butter is melted, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
The pastis butter can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Crisp, focused Albariño.