- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw coconut vinegar (see Note)
- 1/2 small red onion—thinly sliced, rinsed under cold water and patted dry
- 3 Thai chiles, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons grated peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro stems and leaves, plus small leaves for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 pound sashimi-grade tuna or hamachi, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, add all of the ingredients except the olive oil and lime wedges. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the ceviche to a bowl, garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with lime wedges.
Raw coconut vinegar is available at health food shops and from amazon.com.
Brisk, zesty Albariño.