- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN Plus cooling
- SERVINGS: Makes three 1/2-pint jars
- 2 pounds green or purple figs, stemmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large, nonreactive saucepan, toss the fig pieces with the sugar and let stand, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, until the sugar is mostly dissolved and the figs are juicy.
- Add the lemon juice and water and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Simmer the fig jam over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is soft and the liquid runs off the side of a spoon in thick, heavy drops, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon the jam into three 1/2-pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch of space at the top. Close the jars and let cool to room temperature. Store the jam in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.