- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios
- 5 ounces baby arugula (8 packed cups)
- Kosher salt
- 9 fresh Black Mission figs, quartered
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- One 3-ounces wedge of Gorgonzola piccante, frozen overnight
How to make this recipe
- Make the vinaigrette In a medium bowl, mix the lemon juice with the shallot, salt and crushed red pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes. While whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in both oils until incorporated.
- Make the salad Preheat the oven to 425°. Spread the pistachios in a pie plate and toast for about 5 minutes, until golden. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with half of the pistachios and the vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to plates and arrange the figs around the salad. In a small bowl, stir the crème fraîche with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth; drizzle over the salad. Grate the frozen Gorgonzola over the salad, top with the remaining pistachios and serve.
The vinaigrette can be refrigerated overnight.
Pair this delicious salad with a citrus- and herb-scented Italian white.