- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pound cherry or baby Roma tomatoes, halved
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 ounce country bread, torn into small pieces (1/2 cup loosely packed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 small Thai chiles, chopped
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 475°. Spread the almonds in a pie plate and roast for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden.
On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes and garlic and drizzle with 1/4 cup of the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°. Roast the tomatoes for 30 minutes longer, until very tender and shriveled. Scrape the tomatoes and almonds into a food processor. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir the bread with the lime juice and let stand for 10 minutes.
Add the bread, chiles, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/4 cup of water to the processor and pulse until the dip is slightly chunky. Season the romesco with salt and pepper.
The romesco can be refrigerated for 3 days. Serve at room temperature.