Fiery Jalapeño Sauce
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1/2 CUP
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 unpeeled garlic clove
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems discarded
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Heat a cast-iron skillet. Add the jalapeños and garlic and roast over high heat until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly, then peel the jalapeños and discard the stems, cores and seeds. Peel the garlic.
- In a blender, combine the jalapeños, garlic, cilantro, water and lime juice and puree. Season with salt.
Serve With Grilled or broiled skirt steak or chicken, grilled or seared pork chops, nachos or quesadillas.