Fiery Carrot Dip
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Nadia Roden started making this dip—one of her mother's standards—as a student, because the ingredients are very inexpensive. She still prepares it, especially for big parties, because it's easy and unusual.
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons harissa or other chile paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin or caraway
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 3 pitted black olives
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the carrots and cook over moderately high heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer the carrots to a food processor. Add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, honey, harissa, cumin and ginger and process to a smooth puree. Season the dip with salt.
- Scrape the dip onto a platter or into a bowl. Scatter the feta cheese and olives on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.