- 2 ounces Bols barrel-aged genever
- 1/4 ounce crème de cassis (black-currant liqueur)
- 3/4 teaspoon Luxardo maraschino liqueur
- 3/8 teaspoon Ginger Syrup (see Note)
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Ice, plus 1 large cube for serving
- 1 orange twist
How to make this recipe
- In a mixing glass, combine the genever, crème de cassis, maraschino liqueur, Ginger Syrup and bitters. Fill the glass with ice, stir well and strain into a chilled rocks glass over the large ice cube. Pinch the orange twist over the drink and discard.
Ginger Syrup: In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar with 4 ounces water. Simmer over moderate heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Add 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) minced fresh ginger and simmer over very low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool, then pour the syrup through a fine strainer into a jar. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 5 ounces.