© Tina Rupp
Fettuccine with Shrimp, Asparagus and Peas
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound pencil-thin asparagus, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine until al dente. Drain; reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the shrimp and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are not quite cooked through, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the asparagus and cook over moderately high heat until crisp-tender, 2 minutes; transfer to the plate. Add the wine and cook until nearly evaporated. Whisk in the cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and reserved cooking water to the skillet. Add the scallions, peas, shrimp and asparagus, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, tossing, until creamy, 2 minutes. Stir in the dill; serve.