Fettuccine with Rosemary Butter
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
This quick and easy pasta is perfect for any day of the week. Serve it as is, with its boldly flavored herb sauce, or dress it up with crisp-fried pancetta, julienned prosciutto, chopped anchovies, cooked shrimp or chopped olives.
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino-Romano cheese, for serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the fettuccine until al dente. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat until it begins to foam, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, add the rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta cooking water. Add the pasta and the reserved water to the skillet and toss to coat with the sauce. Transfer to warmed bowls and serve immediately. Pass the Pecorino at the table.