Fettuccine with Lemon Basil Tomato Sauce
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound beefsteak tomatoes, halved and coarsely grated
- 1/4 small Vidalia onion, grated
- 1/4 cup finely shredded lemon basil, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, mix the grated tomatoes with the onion, shredded basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Cook the fettuccine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain. Add the fettuccine to the sauce and toss. Garnish with the cherry tomatoes and basil sprigs. Serve with Parmesan.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.