Fettuccine with Lamb-and-Mushroom Ragù
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 3/4 pound white or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese, for serving
- In a large deep skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the lamb, season with salt and cook over moderately high heat for 8 minutes, breaking up the meat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and any liquid is evaporated, about 8 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, rosemary and crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettucine and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the fettucine and the reserved cooking water to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until the pasta is coated in a thick sauce, about 1 minute. Transfer the pasta to bowls and serve, passing the Pecorino at the table.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.