- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pancetta or bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pound escarole, cut into 1-inch ribbons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound Brie (preferably a wedge), rind removed
How to make this recipe
In a large pot of generously salted boiling water, cook the pasta until just al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 1/4 cups of the cooking water.
Meanwhile, in a very large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta and cook over high heat, stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and shallot and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the escarole, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, just until wilted.
Add the pasta to the skillet along with 1 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water. Cut the Brie into 1-inch pieces and add to the skillet. Cook the pasta over moderate heat, tossing, until the Brie is melted and the sauce is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes; add more of the pasta cooking water if the sauce is dry. Season the pasta with salt and pepper. Transfer the pasta to bowls and serve immediately.
Crisp, fruity Pinot Grigio.