Feta, Tomato and Red Onion Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This quick and delicious Turkish salad is a great filling for pita bread or baguette sandwiches and a wonderful topping for bruschetta.
- 5 ounces French feta cheese, crumbled (1 1/4 cups)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes—halved, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces, or 1 1/2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, gently toss the feta cheese with the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and minced parsley. Drizzle the olive oil over the salad, season with salt and toss until coated. Serve the salad at room temperature.
Make AheadThe salad can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 4 hours. Let the salad return to room temperature before serving.