- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Steven Satterfield's restaurant, Miller Union, serves some combination of feta and radishes almost every day. He says you can use any assortment of radishes for these toasts, like watermelon, pink beauty, cherry belle or d'Avignon. If you slice the radishes ahead of time, keep them in a bowl of ice water, which makes them extra cold and crispy.
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick slices of peasant bread
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 to 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese (preferably goat), crumbled
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan. Brush the bread with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and grill over high heat, turning once, until toasted. Top the toasts with the feta, radishes and watercress. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.