- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large fennel bulbhalved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pound napa cabbage, cored and shredded
- 6 ounces thinly sliced bresaola, cut into thin ribbons
- In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup of the walnuts with the basil and garlic until finely chopped. Add the oil, mayonnaise and lemon juice and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coarsely chop the remaining 1/4 cup of walnuts. In a large bowl, toss the fennel with the cabbage, bresaola, chopped walnuts and pesto. Transfer to plates and serve.
Vibrant Rioja red.