Fennel Salad with Parmesan
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 3 fennel bulbs, halved lengthwise and cored, fronds reserved
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted Calamata olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler (1/4 cup)
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice the fennel bulbs. Coarsely chop enough of the fennel fronds to equal 1/4 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olives with the lemon juice, capers and 3/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly. Add the fennel slices and chopped fronds and toss well. Mound the salad on plates, top with the Parmesan cheese and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.