Fennel-Garlic Chicken Legs
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN Plus 4 hr marinating
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground fennel seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 whole chicken legs (12 to 14 ounces each)
- In a mortar, pound the garlic, fennel seeds, oregano and crushed red pepper with 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt until a coarse paste forms. Add the 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil.
- Make four 2-inch slashes on the skin of each chicken leg, cutting to the bone; make 2 slashes on the underside of each leg. Rub the paste into the slashes, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Light a grill. Brush the chicken with oil and season with salt. Grill over moderate heat, turning, until lightly charred and cooked through, 25 minutes.
A vibrant, lime-scented Vermentino.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.