Fennel, Apple and Celery Salad with Watercress
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
To maintain crispness, toss the salad just before setting it out on the buffet.
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 medium celery ribs, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise on a mandoline
- 4 medium fennel bulbs—halved, cored and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 Granny Smith apples—halved, cored and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- Three 6-ounce bunches of watercress, large stems discarded
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, squeeze the 1/2 lemon over the celery, fennel and apples and toss well.
- In another large bowl, toss the watercress with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette. Add the grapes, parsley and the remaining vinaigrette to the celery, fennel and apples and toss well. Arrange over the watercress and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.