- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 bunches watercress, large stems removed
- 3 fennel bulbstrimmed, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 small heads radicchio, cored and torn into bite-size pieces
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 7 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries, vinegars, garlic, and salt. Whisk in the olive oil. Set the vinaigrette aside for at least 20 minutes.
- In a very large salad bowl, toss the watercress with the fennel, radicchio and toasted pecans. Stir the vinaigrette, pour it over the salad and toss well. Serve at once.