Fennel and Radish Salad with Lemon Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This simple, intensely flavorful winter salad also comes from Jamie Oliver's The Naked Chef. Fennel, which is a great source of vitamin A, potassium and iron, is also considered good for digestion. Be sure to buy firm, round bulbsthey tend to be less stringy than slimmer varieties.
- 2 large fennel bulbs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 bunch radishes (1/2 pound), thinly sliced
- Ice water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Trim the top and bottom of the fennel bulbs, reserving the excess stalks from the top for another use. Remove and discard any tough outer layers. Cut the bulbs in half lengthwise and very thinly slice them crosswise. Add the sliced fennel and radishes to a bowl of ice water and let stand for 15 minutes, or until very crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain the fennel and radishes and pat dry. In a bowl, toss the fennel and radishes with the dressing and let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.