- 2 large fennel bulbs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 bunch radishes (1/2 pound), thinly sliced
- Ice water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Trim the top and bottom of the fennel bulbs, reserving the excess stalks from the top for another use. Remove and discard any tough outer layers. Cut the bulbs in half lengthwise and very thinly slice them crosswise. Add the sliced fennel and radishes to a bowl of ice water and let stand for 15 minutes, or until very crisp.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Drain the fennel and radishes and pat dry. In a bowl, toss the fennel and radishes with the dressing and let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.
One Serving 133 cal, 12 gm fat, 1.7 gm saturated fat, 7 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.