© Frances Janisch
Fennel & Fig Infused Vodka
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes 6 to 8 drinks
Blue Hill at Stone Barns • Pocantico Hills, New York
This savory seasonal infusion takes advantage of Stone Barns' homegrown produce: The fennel comes from gardens just steps from the restaurant's kitchen.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 18 ounces vodka
- 1/2 pound dried Black Mission figs, quartered
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 or 4 fresh Black Mission figs, halved
- In an airtight container, combine the vodka, dried figs and fennel; cover and refrigerate for a week. Shake the container each day. Strain the infused vodka through a very fine strainer into a pitcher. To serve, divide the vodka among 6 to 8 ice-filled rocks glasses. Garnish each drink with half a fresh fig.