- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 fennel bulbs—halved, cored and thinly sliced on a mandolin, 2 tablespoons of chopped fronds reserved
- 2 tablespoons small mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
How to make this recipe
Using a sharp knife, cut the skin and white pith from the grapefruits and oranges. Working over a bowl, cut between the membranes to release the sections into the bowl. Squeeze the membranes to extract the juice.
In a small bowl, stir the olive oil with the honey and lemon juice. Add 3 tablespoons of the citrus juice and season with salt. Reserve the remaining citrus juice for another use.
In a shallow serving bowl, toss the fennel and citrus sections with the dressing. Garnish with the chopped fennel fronds, mint leaves and ground coriander and serve right away.
As a pairing, SPQR co-owner and wine director Shelley Lindgren pours a lively white wine: an Assyrtiko from Greece’s island of Santorini.