- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Sea salt
- 6 large fennel bulbshalved, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 medium red bell peppers, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium green bell pepper, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- In a small dry skillet, toast the caraway seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely grind.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the sugar and a large pinch of salt. In a large bowl, toss the fennel with the peppers, then with the lemon juice mixture and the ground caraway. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Refrigerate the dressing and vegetables separately overnight.