Fennel and Bell Pepper Slaw
- SERVINGS: 30
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Sea salt
- 6 large fennel bulbshalved, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 medium red bell peppers, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium green bell pepper, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- In a small dry skillet, toast the caraway seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely grind.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the sugar and a large pinch of salt. In a large bowl, toss the fennel with the peppers, then with the lemon juice mixture and the ground caraway. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.