Fennel and Apple Salad with Blue Cheese and Pecans
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large fennel bulb—halved lengthwise, cored and sliced crosswise paper thin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fennel fronds
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar and mustard. Gradually whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the fennel, fennel fronds and apple and season with salt and pepper and toss. Garnish with the blue cheese and pecans and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.