- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 1
“You don’t see a lot of strong and intense flavors in stirred cachaça cocktails,” Gabriel Orta says. “This is definitely strong, intense and bittersweet.” Cachaça (the potent spirit used in the caipirinha) is similar to rum but made from sugarcane juice rather than molasses.
- 2 ounces aged cachaça
- 1/2 ounce Licor 43 (citrus-and-vanilla-flavored Spanish liqueur)
- 1/4 ounce Cocchi Americano (fortified, slightly bitter aperitif wine)
- 3/4 teaspoon Cynar (bitter artichoke aperitif)
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- 1 orange twist, for garnish
- In a mixing glass, combine all of the ingredients except ice and the garnish; fill with ice and stir well. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with the twist.