Fava Bean Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Jody Williams's antipasto at Giorgione is a fun cross between a bean side dish and a salad.
- 2 pounds fresh fava beans, shelled
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tender escarole leaves, chopped
- 8 small mint leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, blanch the fava beans until barely tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly, then peel the beans.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and crushed red pepper and season with salt and black pepper. Add the favas, escarole and mint and toss. Sprinkle with the Pecorino Romano, toss again and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.