- 2/3 cup farro (5 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 bunch arugula (6 ounces), coarsely chopped
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, cover the <em>farro</em> with 2 inches of cold water and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the <em>farro</em> stand until plump and al dente, 45 to 60 minutes. Drain the <em>farro</em> in a colander, shaking off the excess water. Let stand until cool; shake the colander occasionally to dry the <em>farro</em>.
In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the <em>farro</em>, tomatoes, scallions, parsley and mint and toss. Season with salt and pepper, gently fold in the arugula and serve.
The farro can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated for up to 2 days. The finished salad can stand at room temperature for up to 30 minutes before serving.