Farro Tabbouleh Salad
- SERVINGS: 6 SIDE-DISH SERVINGS
Farrogives this tabbouleh a chewy texture; arugula adds a pleasantly sharp bite. Try this salad with grilled lamb chops.
- 2/3 cup farro (5 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 bunch arugula (6 ounces), coarsely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, cover the farro with 2 inches of cold water and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the farro stand until plump and al dente, 45 to 60 minutes. Drain the farro in a colander, shaking off the excess water. Let stand until cool; shake the colander occasionally to dry the farro.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the farro, tomatoes, scallions, parsley and mint and toss. Season with salt and pepper, gently fold in the arugula and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.