- 1 1/2 cups farro (10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried sour cherries
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup salted roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the farro and simmer over moderate heat until al dente, about 35 minutes. Drain well, shaking off the excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, ginger and oil and whisk to blend. Season with salt.
- Add the warm farro to the dressing along with the raisins and cherries and toss well. Let stand until the farro is almost cool. Just before serving, fold in the scallions, pistachios, mint and cilantro and season with salt.
The salad can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 hours.
One Serving: 302 cal, 13 gm fat, 1.7 gm sat fat, 44 gm carb, 8 gm fiber, 8 gm protein.