- 1 cup farro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 ounces dry chorizo, skinned and sliced 1/4 inch thick (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 pound cleaned squid— bodies cut into 1/4-inch rings, large tentacles halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped marjoram
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the farro, cover and simmer over low heat until the farro is al dente, about 45 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chorizo and cook until sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add the squid and cook, stirring, until just white throughout, about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add the squid to the farro along with the cherry tomatoes, parsley, marjoram, vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, toss well and serve right away.
A ripe Australian red, like a coffee-scented Shiraz.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.