- 1 1/2 cups farro (3/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bunches of arugula (3/4 pound), stemmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the farro until al dente, about 25 minutes. Drain well. Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, arugula and dressing to the farro and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve at once.
The farro salad calls for a dry white Italian wine with character.