Farmers’-Market Chopped Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Combining an abundance of super-crunchy, perfectly in-season vegetables in a creamy, lemony dressing is a fun and delicious way to reimagine a slaw.
- 4 ounces snow peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-by- 1/3-inch sticks
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-by- 1/3-inch sticks
- 2 medium golden beets, peeled and finely julienned
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded and watercress coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the snow peas, bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, beets, watercress and scallions. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the mayonnaise and oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the vegetables and toss. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.