Farfalle with Zucchini and Parsley-Almond Pesto
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound farfalle
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted almonds
- 1 1/2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound zucchini (2 medium), halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/8 inch thick
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the farfalle and cook until it is al dente. Drain the farfalle.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the garlic clove until it is finely chopped. Add the almonds and pulse until they are coarsely chopped. Add the parsley and 1/2 cup of the olive oil and process until the parsley is finely chopped. Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and pulse just until the pesto is combined. Season with salt and pepper and scrape the pesto into a large, shallow serving bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering. Add the zucchini and cook over moderately high heat until tender and browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the zucchini to the bowl with the pesto. Add the farfalle, toss well and serve.
Aromatic Italian white blend, such as one from Tuscany.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.