Farfalle with Yogurt and Zucchini
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
The shredded Al Forno restaurant in Providence, Rhode Island.
More Fast Pasta Recipes
- 1 pound farfalle
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds), coarsely shredded
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the farfalle until al dente; about 1 minute before the farfalle is done, add the shredded zucchini to the pot. Drain the farfalle and zucchini, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Greek yogurt and the 1 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and season the yogurt sauce with freshly grated nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the farfalle, zucchini and reserved pasta water to the saucepan and cook over low heat, tossing, until the sauce coats the pasta; transfer to warmed bowls and serve with the extra cheese.
This clean, tangy pasta dish pairs well with Grüner Veltliner, an Austrian white variety that often has an intriguing green edge to its tastemany people describe it as a note of spring peas.