- 1 pound ripe green tomatoes, such as Green Zebra
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound farfalle
- 12 asparagus spears, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 2 ounces ricotta salata cheese, coarsely grated (2/3 cup)
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water. Using a paring knife, core the tomatoes and make a shallow X in the bottom of each one. Blanch the tomatoes in the boiling water until their skins just begin to split, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tomatoes to the ice water to cool, then drain and peel. Halve the tomatoes and discard the seeds. Cut the tomato flesh into 1/2-inch dice.
- Bring a pot or large saucepan of salted water to a boil. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the sliced zucchini and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and cook until they begin to break down, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Cook the farfalle in the boiling water until al dente, adding the asparagus to the pot 1 minute before the pasta is done. Drain the pasta and asparagus well, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta and asparagus to the pot. Add the zucchini-tomato mixture, along with the spinach, tarragon and the reserved pasta water and season with salt. Spoon the farfalle into bowls, sprinkle with the ricotta salata and serve.
One Serving 416 cal, 13 gm fat, 2.9 gm sat fat, 63 gm carb, 4.1 gm fiber.