- 1 pound farfalle
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sambal oelek (Asian chile paste)
- Three 5-ounce packages baby spinach
- 6 ounces French feta cheese, finely crumbled
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a very large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add the sambal oelek and stir to combine. Add the pasta along with the cooking liquid and toss to combine. Add the spinach in large handfuls and stir until wilted. Season lightly with salt. Add the feta and cook over moderately high heat, stirring until the feta is melted and the pasta is suspended in a thick creamy sauce, about 3 minutes longer. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.