Family-Style Pork Tacos
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sixteen warmed 6- or 8-inch flour or corn tortillas, mashed avocado, shredded or leaf lettuce, salsa and lime wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix the ancho powder with the salt, oregano, cumin, pepper, cinnamon and allspice. Add the pork, onion, vinegar and 1/4 cup of the cilantro and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the pork and stir-fry over moderately high heat until browned outside and just cooked through. Transfer the pork to a colander to drain, then sprinkle with the cheese and the remaining 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Transfer the pork to a serving bowl and serve with the warmed tortillas, mashed avocado, lettuce, salsa and lime wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.