- 9 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line an 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper, allowing a 3-inch overhang all around. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks, eggs and sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy and doubled in volume, about 6 minutes. With the mixer at low speed, drizzle in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, then beat in the flour just until incorporated and scrape into the prepared pan. Bake until puffed and set around the edge and golden on top but slightly wobbly in the center, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and let the soufflé cool for 10 minutes.
- Using the parchment, carefully transfer the soufflé to a platter. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and serve hot or at room temperature.
The souffle can be baked up to 6 hours ahead.