- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Half of the Coriander-Dusted Roast Beef or 12 ounces roast beef, sliced 1/4 inch thick and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup reserved gravy from Coriander-Dusted Roast Beef or other beef gravy
- 8 warm flour tortillas
- Salsa, sour cream and cilantro, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic and chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat, stirring, until softened and browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Add the beef and gravy and cook, stirring, until just heated through, 1 minute. Serve the beef and vegetables in warm tortillas with salsa, sour cream and cilantro.
Peppery, plummy Argentinean Malbec.