- 2 ounces fresh raspberries (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 16 ounces bourbon, preferably Four Roses Single Barrel
- 8 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 32 dashes (about 1 ounce) of Peychaud's bitters
- 16 ounces chilled club soda
- 8 grapefruit twists, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a blender or food processor, puree the raspberries with the sugar and 4 ounces cold water. Transfer the raspberry syrup to a jar, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the syrup into a pitcher, then stir in the bourbon, grapefruit juice, lime juice and bitters. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Stir the drink, then pour into 8 chilled ice-filled collins glasses. Stir 2 ounces of club soda into each drink and garnish with the grapefruit twists.
Contributed By Josh Durr