- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups hot brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- Coarsely ground coffee, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let stand for 5 minutes. Add the espresso and 1/4 cup of the sugar and stir until thoroughly dissolved. Pour into four 1/2-cup molds or a loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, 2 to 3 hours.
Meanwhile, in another bowl, whip the cream with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar until it holds soft peaks.
Dip the molds in warm water and turn the desserts out onto plates or cut the gelatin into 1-inch squares and mound in wineglasses or bowls. Garnish each serving with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground coffee.